Friday, July 16, 2010

Exciting news---I am going to meet one of the conference chairs

Yesterday, the meeting manager Erin Richardson sent me an email saying Professor Riedle would like to meet me at the reception and to talk about my work. I felt so honored. A couple of years ago, I read about his work about NOPA. This image [1] deeply impressed me.



It is hard to describe but I actually felt a deep satisfaction to see those fringes and know that the two NOPAs have jitter much less than one optical period. It is as amazing as the natural beauty of a lake.


I know he is one of the chairs for the UP conference. Now I am curious about other chairs. Having attended many conferences, it is first time that I went to the webpage and looked up the chair/committee member information.


I looked at Majed Chergui’s website: Laboratory of Ultrafast Spectroscopy (LSU too, but not Louisiana State University). They have a nice group logo I would like to share here. I hope they don’t mind.



I also read about the 1663 Los Alamos Science and Technology Magazine’s interview of another chair member Antoinette Taylor about Nanotechnology. Why the name of 1663 for the magazine? Maybe you can find out yourself.

[1] P. Baum, S. Lochbrunner, J. Piel, and E. Riedle, "Phase-coherent generation of tunable visible femtosecond pulses," Opt. Lett. 28, 185-187 (2003). http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ol/abstract.cfm?URI=ol-28-3-185;

No comments:

Post a Comment