Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reception and Welcome remarks

I'm a little out of order with this post, but I thought that the pictures were definitely worth sharing!

With the meeting managers (below)...

I thought it was the first time UP was held in snowmass. Actually it is the 2nd time. In the welcome remark Chair David Jones mentioned that the 5th meeting (1986) was held in snowmass. Graham R. Fleming and Anthony E. Siegman were the Chairs.

Althogh I noticed later by the long line at the check in place in the hotel that many people were later for the reception, the reception place seems still crowded. There were many small circles and people were happy visiting. This is the first time I attend UP. I looked across the whole room finally spot one person I knew---Robert Lucht from Purdue University whose research centered on flame temperature measurement using CARS technique.

I tried to make some new friends and spotted Stephen . He shared with me his job looking experiences. He has a nice business card. I was planning to make some right before the meeting but could not do it in a hurry. People were so absorbed in their small circle conversations. It was hard for me to cut into so I took a few more pictures and left.





Nice weather. People are talking outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment