Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Nicolas Forget from FASTLITE

I just learned that Nicolas Forget, a scientist at FastLite, will be at UP too. He gave us much help using the Phazzler, programmable pulse shaping and pulse characterization device based on the Dazzler pulse shapers. Recently, he just published Ultrashort optical pulses: Shaping up in Nature Photonics [Nature Photonics 4, 154 - 155 (2010)]. He talks about the use of pulse-shaping technology to optimize the temporal and spectral properties of ultrashort light pulses. This technology can enhance their utility in many applications, such as enhancement of the resolution and detection capabilities of nonlinear spectroscopy. I still have many questions on using Phazzler to characterize sub-10 fs pulses. UP will be an opportunity for me to meet him and discuss.

Dimitri Voronine, my new officemate who recently joined Dr. Scully’s team in Texas A&M, is going to UP also. He heard about the blog and would like to write a few blogs too. Since we have very different background, he can offer insights to many areas which I am not familiar with. I am looking forward to his posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment