Tuesday, July 13, 2010

How to get most out of the research conference-What I expected to learn

A recent tomorrow's professor digest happened to have a blog on how to get most out of the research conference.

One thing is to look at the conference schedule as soon as it is available and decide what sessions, activities, panel discussions, dinners, receptions, etc., will help you get more information about your research and enable you to make valuable contacts.

I go to the website, look at the program. The ones that I am interested in are the following sessions:
Single cycle pulse generation

Attosecond pulse generation

OPtical Parametric Amplifiers

Shaped pulses

Novel ultrafast Techniques

Postdeadline papers session

All the subjects listed above I have some experiences on and thus have great interests. Those are the ones I will absolutely go to every session and may read the abstracts before I go. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to characterize sub-10 fs pulses so hopefully I can learn some tricks from the above talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment